It's about time. Really!
That's what this is about.
It IS about time.
Time to start living.
Time to live like you never lived before. Time to......whatever. It's about time. ...and we only get one shot.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Blog Action Day - Blogging for the Environment
"Blogging for the Environment. Today is Blog Action Day, and the theme this year is the environment. If you have a blog and want to join in, all you have to do is use today to post something related to the environment, in whatever way, shape, or form you prefer. You can pick an environmental issue that has meaning for you and let us know why it's important. Organize a beach or neighborhood cleanup and tell us about it. If you're into fiction writing, give us a story with an environmental theme. Have a podcast, videoblog, or photoblog? Join the fun! The idea here is to have a mass effect on public awareness by sharing as many ideas in as many ways as possible. If you're game for participating, go register your blog Blog Action Day with the 7,000+ other blogs (with 5 million readers!) that are already signed up. Also, see the Blog Action Day blog for more on how bloggers can change the world."
Happy Blog Action Day.
We all do little things to make our environment. It might be something as small as recycling our plastics or turning the lights off if not being used.
Our household actively tries to do the following:
- use energy efficient light bulbs (the curly Q type)
- use green waste boxes for food to be recycled/composted (the City provided everyone with a small one for kitchen use and a large one which goes out on garbage day)....the red one is coming in the future (for hazardous waste)
- use brown leaf bags to recycle lawn/tree cuttings
- use blue boxes to recycle glass and hard plastics
- use grey boxes to recycle paper and cardboard
- when we eat out, will bring home the containers and recycle them if the establishment does not recycle
- use less plastic water bottles. Buy a Rubbershmaid bottle and refill it!
- speaking of Rubbershmaid, if your old containers have bit the dust, don't throw them out. I use old ones to store a variety of things, from matches to tealight candles.
- when shopping, bring your own bags. We do this especially for food shopping. As a matter of fact, we no longer do huge groceries. On our fridge, we keep a list of things that we 'need', and we only buy those things. It sure saves money!
- recycling is relative to shopping. Before purchasing something, ask yourself 'do I really need this?'
Everything makes a difference. Remember, we're all in this together. Life is good. Let's keep it that way.
Posted by masgblog at 10:26 a.m.
Labels: 10-2007, 2007 Post, Blog Action Day
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment