Thursday, October 04, 2007

BJ's Update

Hi! It's me, BJ! My Mom thought it would be a great idea if I did a post every now and then, and so here I am, hiding under a pile of tissue paper. I just luv tissue paper.

A little background about me. I'll be 15 years old this month. I'm just an old fart of a cat. My Mom and Dad found me in Midland, on a farm. I was advertised as a free kitten, along with my sibling. Because I was just so adorable, I was scooped up and brought home to join Muffy and Cleo. CoCo later joined the household, and we became a cat house of 4. Eeek! Muffy went to kitty heaven in 1999 and Cleo in 2000. Then it was only me and CoCo....and little did I know that she would smother my space!

Now, you know I am the Top Cat now, since the other one (CoCo) left. I don't know where she went, but now I seem to have the entire house to myself. I have My Mom's lap to sit on whenever I want it, and I don't have to be afraid of getting kicked off. I have My Dad's stomach to lie on when I go to sleep with them at night. I get to eat MY food whenever I want, without being pushed out of the way. I even go out on the patio (with someone of course) so that I can roll around and smell the air.

Now, this is not to say that CoCo was a brute, but she certainly did command her space. She just seemed to dominate everywhere.

I am so glad that My Parents have decided not to bring home another cat. I really am enjoying the spotlight.

Have a purrrrrfect Thanksgiving.....til next time....meow xx

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Hi BJ, This is Gracie, the resident queen of the felines at Grammy Jeni's house. I've ruled this place for almost 16 years now since the family down the street found me but the Dad there didn't like kittens much and they gave me to Grammy Jeni and her wonderful daughter, Miss Mandy. Miss Mandy is really my mistress and her brother, Master Clayton, who often stops by this house, both shower me with lots of attention.
Sometimes though I get a bit forgetful and do things they say I shouldn't be doing -like using the kitchen floor for my bathroom instead of sharing the other box out in the front hallway. Sometimes, I do that just to get even with them for bringing the little whippersnapper, Nina -a fiesty little orange kitten - home about 3 months ago. I don't get mad, I get even is my advice and boy, it sure would be nice to not have to contend with this little cat from time to time too.
You have a wonderful time with your people. I'm still trying to adjust at times to the two little people they snuck in on me here over the past four years too. But overall, they're not near as bad as this little cat can be!
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Queen Grace

lattégirl said...

Good morning, BJ, this is Cootie, Top Female in the Latte Household. Boy, you're a handsome brute. Too bad I was spayed a long time ago. I was pretty hot, back in the day -- had three litters, or was it four? I forget now. Then I was spayed and gained all this weight... I feel so bloated! Do these pants make my ass look fat? No? Thank you, you're a real gentleman.

Gotta go, I've had my time outdoors and now it's time for a much-needed nap.

Have a good day, gorgeous!