With that said, a post, with thanks to one SL who recalled this as a blast from the past. I thought it might make a good post. We'll see. You be the judge.
Years ago, we lived in a house where our kitchen window was situated almost directly in front of our neighbour's kitchen window. People might say that the properties were so close, that there wasn't much privacy, blah blah blah, but we didn't mind it. In fact, it kind of kept us in touch with the world around us, because the world and its inhabitants was indeed right there beside and in front of us.
Now, from one of our upstairs bedrooms, we could also see the neighbouring kitchen window. On this particular night, we had been installing mini blinds in that window, and noticed the lady of the house standing at the kitchen sink. She had her finger in her nose. For quite a long time. And we saw it, but she didn't know that we saw.
I know what you're going to say. Bad peeping toms or so what? Everybody picks their nose (although no one is supposed to admit to it OR ever get caught doing it).
Well, there is only one thing worse than picking your nose, and that....is....eating the booger that you've picked! This is what she was doing, in a pretty repetitive fashion. Pick, eat, pick, eat, lick fingers, pick more, eat more. Gross....gross....gross.....gross.
Like if she needed some food, we had plenty! We could have brought her something nourishing, but maybe this just was soooo much better. But now imagine, if you will, the possibility that one of these little critters could have made its way into any of the food that she was preparing. Double gross!@!@!@
The funny part was that, later, when we would see her on the street, or talk to her, we would always have this lasting memory of her in her kitchen.
With her booger friend.
I do believe I hear the dinner bell ringing, but before I do, I leave you with the following....
Pick Your Nose Inconspicuously
A recent poll alleges that a majority of people admit to picking their noses in public. Although not socially accepted, nose picking can , at times, be necessary. When something in your nose needs help finding its way out, you can be ready to respond by following one of these basic stealth techniques for public nasal manicuring.
The Thumb-Finger Method (Super Advanced)<
- Position the index finger of the opposite-side hand alongside the exterior of the obstructed channel.
- Nonchalantly slip the thumb as deep as necessary into the nostril.
- Using the thumbnail, delicately clamp onto the dried mucous mass.
- Slowly withdraw the thumb and it's payload from the nostril. At this step in the process be particularly vigilant for any trailing mucous which might be attached to the payload. These un-noticed "stringers" can jeopardize the entire operation.
- Return the hand to a more natural position and discreetly execute a flicking motion with the thumb. This should launch the material sufficiently far away from you that it becomes someone else's problem.
The Advanced Hand-Guard Method (A novice method)
- Slightly cup the left hand and position it so that your forefinger is below your right eye and your thumb is below your left eye. The palm will be hiding the nostrils from onlookers who will be convinced that you are rubbing your cheeks as one does when trying to ease the symptoms of a headache, or of weariness, (simutaneously closing one's eyes makes the tactic even more effective).
- In a natural, confident motion bring the right hand up and under the left hand. Use the right index finger to probe, acquire and extract the residual material. After returning the right hand to a secure location execute a flicking maneuver to eject the material.