Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No More Computer For Me

During my blogging absence, I was feeling under pressure, from many sides.

First, work has been, and still is, quite stressful, with many meetings, long hours and numerous deadlines. At the end of the day, I was quite happy not to be bothered with a computer of any sort.

Second, I spend a lot of time tinkering with html. Maybe tinker is the wrong word. To some, I am considered a computer geek (I sure feel like a geek in so many other ways), and I draw on my past 20 years of work experience to assist a volunteer project. Sometimes this can be time-consuming. It is volunteer after all, but sometimes I was feeling as though it was a second job minus the pay cheque.

Third, Facebook. While I do like the product, I really hate it when people nudge me to make my move on Scrabulous. Sometimes it is just not possible to be 'on' and playing all the time. Gosh, retirement looks really good sometimes.

So, I made a choice. No Facebook. No blog. No reading anything online. No email.

I just wanted to work on my crafts, sit by the fire with kitty, or watch TV. That was all there was to it. It felt really good to be able to detach from the online world. In as much as I am an online freak, and spend most of my waking hours in an online environment, that detachment was very important for me.

But there was always a tug in the background. Woo hoo...what's happening on Facebook....woo hoo what's happening on email...woo hoo what's happening on so-and-so's blog. So, I am back, and maybe with a new purpose for this blog. We'll have to see.

Oh, there's more. In fact the best part I guess.

But it will have to wait til tomorrow.

David Archuleta is going to sing on AI.

Nite y'all.

Update - Chikezie is my new fave!!!

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Well, I'm just glad you decided to come out of your hibernation type period. Nothing wrong with taking an occasional breather though. I can understand fully the need for that.

Az said...

Welcome back to blogging. :D I took a short break from the internet too since I became overly addicted to it and spent most of my time in front of the computer. Now I'm trying to achieve some kind of balance I can be happy with.

Chikezie was great on AI last night! David Archuleta really messed up, but I think he'll get another chance.