Monday, June 11, 2007

Duck On A Dock

"Early one morning, just as the sun was rising
I heard a maid sing in the valley below"


Not quite.

Early yesterday morning, while we were asleep on our boat, there was a visitor. First, there was a tharimp. Then a tharump. Then pad-pad-pad-pad-pad-pad.

Ms.Duck had arrived, having found some nice smooth fibreglass to land on.

Mz.Duck: 'mmmm this great. I think this is a fantastic place to preen my feathers, and clean my beak. It's so nice and quiet, and I can see the calmness of the marina while everyone is sleeping. In fact, it's so quiet, that my feathered friends would really be able to hear me if I called them right about now.'

'QUACK quack quack quack.....QUACK quack quack quack QUACK quack quack quack

*multiply this about thirty times and you'll get the picture, although you probably cannot imagine the VOLUME!!!!*

The loudest cacophony that you ever heard. The quacking went on and on, and seemingly awoke everyone on the dock.

Well not quite. It never bothered me. I, the sleeping rock, slept through the whole thing. Never heard a single quack. Duck? What duck?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hahaa.. more of your sounds!

RUTH said...

LOL...I wonder if the ducks are going to make this their regular landing site!

Jeni said...

You probably slept through the whole thing because of being so relaxed, sleeping on the boat and all that!

Nikki Neurotic said...

And I bet everyone around you thought you were crazy for not hearing the duck.