Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On My 8th Day of Pre-Christmas

Okay, so we now have My 1st Day of Pre-Christmas, My 2nd Day of Pre-Christmas, , My 3rd Day of Pre-Christmas, , My 4th Day of Pre-Christmas, My 5th Day of Pre-Christmas, My 6th Day of Pre-Christmas, and My 7th Day of Pre-Christmas.

On My 8th Day of Pre-Christmas, my brand new king size bed gave to me,
8 hours of pole-vaulting kitties
...7 hoards of humbugs
......6 pesky telemarketing calls
.........5 HOURS OF TREE DECORATING
............a 4 dollar Charlie Brown tree
...............3 truckloads of food
..................2 pooped people with tired bodies
.....................and a brand new king size bed.


Eight hours of polevaulting kitties! What's up with that? It's so easy (like taking candy from a baby! - another musical brain worm for those of you who remember).

Last night was the sleep from hell for My Sweetie. Now, apparently, as I am told, I snored through the entire thing. But I do remember waking up the odd time to sound of the growling bear, which was My Sweetie snarling at either me or the cats or both. Why? Because CoCo was trying to get on top of the bed so that she could have some quality time with her Mommy and Daddy.

The new bed is a few inches higher than what we had before. This makes it a little more difficult for the kitties to get up. Since BJ has a bit of arthritis in his hind legs, we placed a little stool at the bottom of the bed for their highnesses, and BJ uses it, but CoCo? No way Jose!! She prefers to run toward the bed then leap to try to get on top. Of course, there is always the lovely sound of kitty claws on fabric. EEEEk!

I am not sure what is going to be on tap for tonight. Probably more leaping through the air kitties, but that's just what they do. They are animals, and My Other Sweeties.

Right now I have to go downstairs and wrap a giftie for someone that I don't know. I think it's for hubby's secret Santa thingy.

I am officially on vacation as of tonight.....YAY! Tomorrow morning I am going to be doing some local volunteer work for Christmas. But I'll be back later on in the day.

Ciao amigos and amigas.....
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

My sleep pattern was disruptive last night too. I can't blame it on 8 pole-vaulting kitties though since we have only the one, pampered princess here - Miss Gracie! However, if Miss Gracie were to do what cats are supposed to do, I don't think we'd have other little things scurrying about - which I just happened to catch a glimpse of one of 'em zipping across the living room floor last night when the only light in the room was coming from the tree lights in one corner and the computer monitor in the other. And yes, without my glasses even, I definitely could tell it was a little mousie, looking for his little housie -somewhere behind the big old bookcase and beside the fireplace.

Darn Gracie, you're gonna have to do a better job here of earning your keep!