Saturday, December 16, 2006

Friday's Feast - One Hundred and Twenty Two


Friday, December 08, 2006
Feast One Hundred & Twenty One
Appetizer
What was your very first job with a paycheck?
  • It was a summer job when I was 16. I worked in a distribution center for a large retailer, putting price tags on clothing. It was hard and hot work, but it was a great experience.


  • Soup
    Did you ever lose something really important to you?
  • I had a favourite suede jacket that I used to wear in college. I had it a long time, and it was well-worn. I wore it everywhere. Then, during exam time, instead of putting it on the back of my chair, I hung it on one of the hooks on the classroom wall. When I left, I forgot it. When I finally remembered, and went back for it, it was gone.


  • Salad
    What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
  • The Christmas oranges and grapefruits. I still miss them.


  • Main Course
    Tell about a favorite "hang out" place for you and your friends when you were in high school.
  • We didn't really have a place like that. I had to travel about a half hour, by public transit, to get to high school. It was in the downtown core, in a particular part of town where there was no real 'hang out' spot per se. So, I would basically go to school and go home.*sniff*


  • Dessert
    Name something that always brings a smile to your face.
  • My Sweetie and kitties.
  • 4 comments:

    Barb said...

    What about the oranges and grapefruit?

    Anonymous said...

    Sorry - citrus fruit did not travel well in freezing temperatures especially when left on doorsteps for several hours by the deliveryman.

    Mike said...

    A good feast. Thanks for sharing.

    masgblog said...

    skittles - for many years my FLaw used to send a box of citrus from Florida. That was always a really cool gift to arrive, but the crops weathered badly in the past years, so the citrus is no more.

    uno - that was still a really cool, and obviously, to me, a memorable and appreciated one.

    mike - :-)