Sunday, December 24, 2006

Great Balls of Fire....


Merry Christmas Eve, everybody. There is never a dull moment in my life, I swear, and when the 12 days pf pre-Christmas were complete I was worried that I would be out of blogging ideas. NOT SO!

My Sweetie's family had a small dinner get-together tonight, and there was a little excitement of the unwanted kind.

The coffee was being made. I was sitting in the family room. SL and step-SL were chatting in the kitchen. They came to ask people if they wanted coffee, and during that instant, the candle-lit Christmas decoration that was on the dining room buffet caught fire!

SL let out a sound that everyone associated with TROUBLE! The decoration was indeed on fire with small flames burning. Luckily, someone acted quickly to put out the fire, and all that I saw was the black smoke, but if everyone had been in the family room at that particular moment, that candle would have been totally unobserved by anyone, and we could have really had bigger problems on our hands.

I guess we must have had angels watching over us tonight.

5 comments:

Pepper said...

Someone upstairs loves you. You were so lucky.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!

Mike said...

I'm glad someone caught it. Your guardian angel was on the job.

instant gratification girl said...

ouch! glad it all turned out ok! I'm rather accustomed to seeing black smoke around family dinners....I learned to burn meals from a pro....my mom!

jeweledrabbit said...

We always have angels watching over us. ;)