Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today Is My 100th Post

On June 20th of this year, I wrote my first post. It was called The First Time and was really a scrambled post, with not much content. But I knew that I wanted to do something with it. I didn't really know what I would do, or what I would write, or how it would be received. I was certainly shy, and cautious, and, quite frankly, a little scared.

But 100 posts later, things have changed. I have changed, and I have never looked back with any sort of regret. I think that I have blogged almost every day. Through blogging, I've met some really fine people, and reconnected with some familiar faces (although I really didn't expect them to show up here, but am glad they did). Heck, I'm even a Blogging Chick! This blog thing has a hold on me, one that is not easy to shake, and that's all goodness.

Some days seem challenging to find something to write about, while other days provide a fountain of ideas. Wherever they come from, they are all real. Visiting blog land allows me to leave my baggage at the door, and when the visit ends, that baggage is forgotten.

So cheers to post number 100, and to number 101 plus.....and to my fellow bloggers who stop by.

It's About Time is about me, and my time on this earth, and time flies as they say.

It's about time. Really! It IS about time. Time to start a blog. Time to do housework, or homework, or just plain work. Time to......whatever. It's about time.

CHELSEA and I

12 comments:

Mike said...

A miiestone to be sure. Keep going and have fun with it. I try to just post something everyday also. I don't always have anything interesting to say but I put something down.

Barb said...

Congratulations! You know I love your blog :)

I wrote today too about blogging and friendships. Maybe something is in the air.

Looking at your picture, you look exactly as I had pictured!!! That's a good thing.

masgblog said...

thx guys! That picture is a couple of years old (there are now davits hanging behind me which hold the dinghy), and I'm a little windblown(it was a little fresh that day), but that is me....coming out time! A face behind the words so to speak.

Anonymous said...

100 posts! Well done -- and much fun progress seen along the way.

I was pretty productive with my first blogs, but they were filled with angry crap. I'm glad they're history -- as you know.

I believe I just got to 217 with the current one... and I started it last November or September, so your output has outstripped mine!

And... last but not least...

A PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! `Course I know what you look like, but it's been, like, a year or more.

masgblog said...

tg - ty oh dear one. I tried to find a picture (a) of me (since it always easier to find pictures of other people and (b) where I was somewhat hidden.

Having a blast so far, and hoping that it continues.

luv your blog too btw....x

Anonymous said...

Kewl gloves, dudette!

Barb said...

(looking at the gloves..)

JMai said...

Happy 100 and 100 more. That's crazy ... I've been blogging since... last December I think, and I've only just hit 50. I need to catch up!

masgblog said...

jmai - hi! thx for stopping by....let's hope I can crank out 100 more interesting posts.

Barnb and njones....re the gloves...sailing gloves...nice suede leather with no fingers (so that I can work the lines don'tcha know)...and they are expensive (what isn't with sailing?).

Parlancheq said...

Happy 100th. :)

John Holland said...

Happy 100!

Before you know it you'll have a couple hundred more done.

I went through a slack time at the beginning of the year when it just seemed I didn't want to blog. The whole point of this thing is to have fun, so I was beginning to feel like it was a task, but luckily I bounced back and am enjoying it again. I'm not going to make as many posts this year as I did my first year, mainly due to my downturn at the start and last year I posted about Katrina and had a lot to say. But I'm getting back up there.

John Holland said...

Happy 100!

Before you know it you'll have a couple hundred more done.

I went through a slack time at the beginning of the year when it just seemed I didn't want to blog. The whole point of this thing is to have fun, so I was beginning to feel like it was a task, but luckily I bounced back and am enjoying it again. I'm not going to make as many posts this year as I did my first year, mainly due to my downturn at the start and last year I posted about Katrina and had a lot to say. But I'm getting back up there.