Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Definitive Authors

When I first started up this blog, My Profile information was one of those things that I knew I should get to, but didn't really put much thought. Since that time, I have posted over 100 posts Today Is My 100th Post, and things seem to be clearer with each post. So, I must revisit My Profile. I also paid a visit to my bookcase. So what you say?

A little background.

The basement contains a bookcase, made out of tin. It's not very pretty, kind of beat up, cheap looking. But it belonged to my parents, and it was in better shape when they had it (we've moved so any times...no wonder it's pretty shagged). So, said bookcase has a special place in the basement laundry room. I know. Not the most exciting place for a bookcase, but that space is really a catch-all spot for photo albums, extraneous folder keeps, boat paraphernalia, and of course the washer, dryer, folding table, furnace etc etc etc. The cozey part of the basement is very very near, so if we really wanted to, we could grab a book and curl up in a comfy chair and disappear for awhile.

Now, where was I going with this. Oh yeah! The bookcase. One of my happy traits is organization. I am an organization nut. If I ever had to start another career it would be as an organizational consultant, or whatever they call those people. If you ever watch HGTV, there are two programs called Neat and Mission: Organization. I could watch these programs for hours. In fact My Beloved PVR gets a huge workout through recording these shows.

Back to the bookcase.

So, I looked at the poor bookcase, and was trying to figure out what books I had and what was missing. The books were neat, but displayed in no paticular pattern, and so I spent some time organizing them by author. It turns out that I do indeed have a collection (remember this post??? I'm A Collector by a few cherished authors:
  • Lilliam Jackson Braun

  • Agatha Christie

  • Robertson Davies

  • Robert Fulghum

  • Stephen King

  • Sophie Kinsella

  • Dean Koontz

  • Anne Rice

  • Lauren Weisberger


Now, I know that I have read many of these books, but I am also unsure of the ones that I have not read. And those I have not read, I will read, and those I have read, perhaps I will re-read, but those I am unsure of reading, I may re-read, and try to remember which ones I have read and which ones I haven't.

Or maybe it's time to re-read all of them.

*this reminds me of something that I want to post...later*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your circular logic defeats me.

masgblog said...

tg - Success! That's what it was supposed to do! :-)

Anonymous said...

Well, I knew that.

masgblog said...

tg - hee! Sometimes I run out of ideas and sometimes I just run on (as I did this time) so I decided to keep on running with it. It leads to another post which I will eventually do.

Carrie said...

Hi!
I can get Skittles, but not Mike, I'll keep trying throughout the day and see how it goes.
I know what you mean about the bookcase! I just got to reorganize both of mine out of moving boxes last night, and it was a walk down memory lane. I found a couple of books I didn't know I had because they'd gotten lost in the shuffle, and finally got to figure out once and for all which books by my favorite author (Mercedes Lackey) I was actually missing. Quite the fulfilling hour! :)

Barb said...

You know I love books too. Just finished one today and have to decide what the next one will be.. hmm