Saturday, November 11, 2006

Time To Remember

England, 1943



What a handsome bunch. This photo is special because it is of My Dad (bottom left), and of his Brother (standing behind him). My Dad and My Uncle both served their time in World War II, and were fortunate to come home and spend the remainder of their lives with their families. For me, this is a priceless picture, and I wanted to post it today, Remembrance Day.

A very simple picture with a very simple message.....
Please take time out to Remember at the 11th hour of today, the 11th day, of the 11th month..

Thank you to you-know-who for the photo. You know that I will always cherish this.
CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab">




7 comments:

Mike said...

We have a similar day here to pay homage to our veterans. It's aptly called Veterans Day. We too take this time to honor those that fought so we can enjoy our freedom. Enjoy this day.

jeweledrabbit said...

Thank you for sharing this photo with us. I'm glad your father and uncle were among the survivors. :-)

terry said...

what a wonderful photo.

oh, and happy 101st!

Barb said...

Great photo and video!!!!

masgblog said...

My blogger buddies....thank you! The singer is Terry Kelly and he has a website http://www.terry-kelly.com

I have other war photos of my beloved Dad that I will probably post at appropriate times of the year.

Anonymous said...

This is a very good picture of your dad, it reminds me of that one evening...when he talked to us about the war.

masgblog said...

la petite cousine - I like the nickname that you call yourself.....you are my only petite cousine, so I always know who it is!
xx