Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Regardez Mes Souliers

Look at my new shoes! They're nothing sexy or special, but they are new and, of course, there is a teeny story to go along with each one. Now, I am a stickler for quality shoes....and of course quality handbags. All of the following shoes are quality, by my standards.

And now...the shoes.


This little pair (above) are made by Columbia. Now there, in my mind, is quality. My old day-to-day runners, which I always wear to the gym, had seen better days. They were lacking support, and, of course, style. The Columbias are beige with a teeny purple accoutrement (I think that's how you spell it. If not pfeh.). Very comfortable.


Above is your typical black lace-up Oxford. They are made by Thom McAn. I liked them because they remind of a slimmed down version of a Doc Martin. They replace my old (and dearly loved) Rockports. The Rockports had both developed split soles, and were tired looking.


The purple number above is very special. They're made by RBK. Very light, with a non-slip sole, but not a lot of support. Good for dancing, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I take a BodyJam class on Monday night at the gym. It's and hour of exercising by dancing to hip-hop, swing, charleston, salsa. Regular gym shoes are way too protective for these types of moves, and the RBK seems to do the trick (they got their initiation last night, and were marvy).

So there you have them. My new shoes. Welcome them into your lives as I have welcomed them into mine.

There's nothing like a new shoe. Wait a minute! Yes, there is...a new handbag.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hello new shoes! Nice to meet you. :)

Jeni said...

Pretty snazzy numbers there, especially the purple ones! Reminds me that I need to find a new pair of shoes to wear with my outfit for my class reunion. Only problem is dressy type shoes tend to really pinch and make my foot and ankle swell then more than ever. Do I have time to go on a search and destroy mission in the next month and can I afford the expense then too. Decisions, decisions!

lattégirl said...

Three pairs! I thought I was being naughty this past weekend!

Good purchases, all. LOVE the purple ones :)

masgblog said...

all - the gang is settling well....especially the purple ones who served tremendously during Monday's BodyJam class.....woot!

Nikki Neurotic said...

Oh, I like them a lot. Makes me want to go out and buy new shoes for myself.