Friday, May 30, 2008

Where'd You Come From Anyway?

Yesterday, I was driving to the gym, in a slow, casual drive.

Thank goodness for my driving slowly.

There was a teen walking home on the side of the street that has no sidewalk. I had him in my view, and I could tell that he was not paying attention to his surroundings. Maybe he had earbuds, but I can't recall. Anyway, just as I was approaching him, he did what I thought he was going to do.

He started to step in front of my vehicle. Of course, I had to brake, and stop while he made up his mind whether to proceed to cross the street. He decided to stay put and waved me on.

Now imagine if I had been one of the yahooooos who drives like a banshee. That kid might be in the hospital today.

Moral of the story? Pay bloody attention!

No comments: