Friday, September 07, 2007

The Attack of the Toilet

*I'll probably get hit for that title*

My toilet attacked me today. Nasty ceramic bowl of nothingness.

A little background.

My quads and butt are very sore from my workout sessions. Since returning from vacation, it's been a bit of a struggle to get back on track with my regular workout routine, and the past 2 weeks have been ON (right on brother!). With that, I have a few sore muscles, and rightly so.

This morning, though, my muscles and the toilet got into a fisticuffs, and I was the victim of the assault.

*note small bathroom*.

I was just about to sit down on the royal throne, in a half squat position (you know...somewhere between standing and falling down). I proceeded to lift the lid of the toilet, and then I would sit. Actually it's kind of a synchronous motion....squat, lift lid, sit....tada!......but the lid didn't stay up.

The lid started to come down, just as I was lowering. The lid poked me in the butt, and I went into a forward vault with my head crashing into the wall. I have never seen stars before (except in our wondrous skies), but I did this time! I guess I tapped my noggin in the sweet spot.

Moral of the story?
Always make sure the toilet seat is firmly in position before going anywhere!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Boy, that was quite a visual - humorous one at that - you painted there. Not funny at the time to you, but comical to think of when it happens to someone else.
It would appear both of us are kind of geared to "bathroom" type entries today and as I glance over at the grandson here, trotting around in his playpen, judging by the sagginess around his behind, I'd wager a bet it's continuing here in my life now too.
Have a good - and safer day!

Barb said...

It's ok if I laugh right? I mean.. I'm sorry you got hurt.. but that was so darn funny!

Nikki Neurotic said...

Ouch! Hope you are alright now. That beats falling into the toilet.

Jeni said...

Hey Mau! Stop by my blog and pick up the information on promoting world friendship via blogging. You know you'll love it!