Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Half Moon Haze

As I sat out back last night, enjoying the calmness and coolness of the evening, I happened to glance up, and noticed the moon. It was slightly larger than a half moon, and it had a milky white haze surrounding it. It appeared to be glowing, yet it obviously wasn't. This haze effect cast a quiet glow over my backyard, still light enough for me to see.

From my peripheral, I spotted something light in colour, hovering under one of the evergreens. White eyes were watching my every move, and then, in a split second, the eyes were gone. I couldn't make out what it was. It could have been a cat or a skunk or a raccoon, and I tried to pan around to see if it would reappear, but it never did.

In our ever so busy lives, where it sometimes is difficult not to do something, I count myself lucky to be able to enjoy this peaceful. My only wish is that others can find some time to do the same.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You're so fortunate to live in such a quiet and peaceful area. I would love to have a place like that to sit. On my porch maybe.. but there's teens walking around and cars and well.. it just wouldn't be the same.

xoxo