Friday, April 30, 2010

Hats and Veils

Today I saw a picture in a magazine, which brought me back to my wedding preparations, many years ago. The style of wedding dress back then was of a simple nature, but the main attraction was the hat. Hats with wedding dresses were all the rage, and they usually had the veil attached to the back of the hat.

I remember that I searched a bit for the proper hat. Either they were too big or not big enough. Finally, I was able to find a hat that I liked. I do recall the saleslady saying With a hat that size, you'll have no trouble finding a suitable veil. Which of course I didn't.

Now, if we could only turn back time.....

7 comments:

Rowan and Cali said...

what do you think about an interview for my blog?

TaDa said...

I had issues trying to pick mine too!

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info

Skittles said...

My sister made my dress and veil. I had no say in any of it.

JESSON and REY ANN said...

nice posting keep blogging,.... i am very new in blogging, please and kindly visit my blog,.. thanks a lot... here are top ten tips to stay in good healthhttp://jabrasr.blogspot.com/

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,
Mike Thomas

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com