Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Memory Background

Someone had asked me to possibly share a bit about Natalie, who was the picture in memoriam the other day. I started to type an email, and then realized that this would be suitable for a post, so here it is.

Natalie was a colleague with whom I worked many years ago. I didn't know much about her, except that she was nice and very smart. Time charged on. I went on to other places in the company. So did she. I hadn't seen her in quite awhile. I happened to be glancing through the newspaper on the weekend, and here was Natalie's face staring back at me through her obit. It was a little eerie to say the least.

But, that was not the first time that has happened. Deja vu they say. One of my favourite gym Managers passed away years ago. She was only 35 I think. Again, I stumbled upon her face looking back at me from the obit.

I still have both of those obits.

The obits with the photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your work mate.

lattégirl said...

Strange how life takes us to these obits when we least expect them.

I found a thank-you quite by chance in the obits published by a lady here in town two months after her husband's passing. I felt a tiny bit good about having been one of the people who had stopped by (after the fact of his death) with flowers.

Natalie died at such a young age. Young, we think, when we get past 40... I also knew friends or acquaintances who died at 22 and 39 and 45, and it never changes the feeling of losing someone you knew well or even slightly. Co-worker or friend, it hits hard.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.