Friday, December 21, 2007

Warm in Heart, Worn on Feet

Today was my vacation day, and I spent it working on a local charity event called Christmas Cheer. Toys and food are donated from the public and corporate sponsors, and volunteers (comme moi) come and help to pack the food and toys for designated families in need.

This was my second year helping with this, and though my feet are a little worn, my heart is very warm. This day always leaves me both in awe and extremely touched by the generosity of the public. I was manning the canned tuna and salmon area.

1500 boxes of food were packed and distributed. Awesome.

If you get A-Channel News, you'll catch a glimpse of me with tuna and salmon in hand. I am wearing a red and white scarf.

Merry Christmas...it is surely coming......

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

I don't get the A-Channel but my heart warms with yours.