What a weekend! Saturday was haulout day, and, in keeping with past haulout weather, it was cruddy. It was cold. It was very windy. It rained.
Now, Sunday was an entirely different story. The boat was out of the water, and of course it was splendiforous outside. Like 70 degrees or something silly like that.
Anyway, I had a bit of down-time, and observed a few things:
- various people sailing on the bay
- the grouping of eight Muskoka chairs around an imitation fire pit
- various boaters offloading their boats, in preparation for their upcoming haulout
- the glowing highlight effect that the sun had on the islands in the distance
And of course, I always sit and think about:
- how can we just cash it all in and sail south, and live on the boat indefinitely
That last one is the biggest threat to personal security for me. It takes a huge leap to actually be able to throw the docklines and head south for the BIG adventure. It certainly takes some planning and some money.
It would also mean that BJ would have to learn to sail very quickly.