Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No Global Warming Here

No way. Nah ah. Today was a day full of wild weather. It started out hot and humid, and then by lunchtime the skies had darkened, and we had a few huge thunderstorms. There was flooding throughout much of Sleepy Hollow. This tapered off, and then started again......with heavy rain and flooding.

Now, as I recall from last year, we also had some pretty similar wild weather in June. There was that one really wild day, where the wind was crazy big. I remember going to look out the patio door, and thinking that something just wasn't right, but I couldn't figure out what it was......but when I looked at the patio, I saw that all of the patio furniture had been blown off and throughout the yard, breaking the patio umbrella in the process.

As I write this, the tree frogs are doing their evening symphony, a little quieter than earlier this evening, but I can still hear them.

No comments: